Bennet For America “June 27th Debate Contest”
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this promotion (the “Promotion”). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
- Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO, WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, FOREIGN NATIONALS, LABOR ORGANIZATIONS OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT SATISFY THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND Bennet for America (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the Prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any Prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, consultants, professional advisors, agents and any related committees or candidates (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on June 18th, 2019 and ends at 4 p.m. (unless otherwise noted, all times are Eastern Standard Time) on June 20th, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a Prize.
- Prize. 1 winner will each receive the following Prize (the “Prize”):Two (2) plane tickets to and from Miami, FL; one (1) hotel room in Miami, FL for one night and two (2) tickets to the Democratic National Committee Debate on June 27th. Approximate retail value of the prize: $1,500. Actual value may vary depending on the travel arrangements for the winner, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, dinner location, flight dates, flight times, departure city and airport, arrival airport, and all other Prize logistics and details. Dates of travel are subject to availability. If a winner’s address is within 100 miles of the destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the hotel or event in lieu of air transportation. Except as expressly set forth in the description above, winner and his or her guest are responsible for ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all other meals and all other expenses that winner and his or her guest incur in connection with the Prize. Sponsor will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, attendees, and all other relevant details of the trip.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All Prizes will be awarded. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if (a) any winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from the potential winner, (b) if two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, (c) the potential winner is not able to accept the Prize for any reason, or if (d) any Prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any Prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value for any Prize. Limit one Prize per household or address. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- Promotion Rules. One winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held on or about 6/20/2019. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, then select one winner from the list of eligible potential winners on the basis of criteria determined and applied by Sponsor to provide for an appropriate range of views, backgrounds, and interests. Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail by 6/24/2019. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving any Prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that awarding any Prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. To claim the Prize, winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his or her notification. Winner must identify to Sponsor the potential guest selected by winner in accordance with the instructions contained in his or her notification. Sponsor may then, at its option, conduct the same background check and process applicable to potential winners with regard to all potential guests. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential guest of the winner at its sole discretion. In the event that not enough potential winners respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award all Prizes, Sponsor may select additional potential winners by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, and Information. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes and without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a release consenting to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes by Sponsor without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after June 20, 2019, and before June 26, 2019 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Michael Bennet Miami Debate Contest Winner Name” to obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Michael Bennet Miami Debate Contest Winner Name” Official Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2019 by Bennet For America. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: June 27th Debate Contest
Sponsor: Bennet For America; PO Box 44494 Denver, CO 80202