February 11, 2020
Today is the biggest and most important moment of the campaign so far: New Hampshire Primary Day!
So before we update you on the big news we have from the past week, we want to start with a heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you. Your support, time, and energy is the only reason we have made it to this day, and Michael and the entire team are incredibly grateful for everything you’ve done.
We’re keeping this edition short so we can get right back to knocking doors and making calls, but here are two pieces of major news:
- Michael received new endorsements from big names:
- We held a massive rally with James Carville on Saturday: In front of an overflow crowd of more than 450 people, James Carville brought Mardi Gras to Manchester for the successful completion of Michael’s 50 town halls pledge. He touted Michael’s ability to not only win back the White House, but also help candidates across the country win up and down the ballot so we can make real and last change.
ON THE ROAD
Over the past two months — from Nashua to the North Country, and from Keene to Portsmouth — Michael criss-crossed the state, hitting all 10 counties as part of his 50 town halls pledge, answering hundreds of questions from voters and the press, and making clear why his truth-telling style is how Democrats can beat Donald Trump in 2020.
In the final days before the primary, Michael is completing his Real Deal Road Trip, a statewide tour across New Hampshire to highlight his progressive, paid-for, and popular Real Deal agenda. This tour included a sit down with the residents of Dixville Notch, who famously vote at midnight on primary day.
Check out photos from the last week below!
IN THE NEWS
While in New Hampshire, James Carville joined Michael for an interview with MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle. Carville made clear that Michael would be the best candidate to take on and defeat Donald Trump in a general election.
He said “there is no doubt in my mind that Senator Bennet would be the best president but that is secondary to me — he would be by far the strongest general election candidate we have.”
He continued, “55% of the people in this country don’t want Donald Trump to be president. It is up to the Democratic Party to provide that nominee that fills in that 55%. It is without a doubt Michael Bennet.”
Watch the interview here
Voters have also come out in full force writing letters to the editor on their support for Michael:
- Concord Monitor Letter to the Editor by Christine Miller: I’m Voting My Values, so I Choose Bennet
- Union Leader Letter to the Editor by Small Business Owner & Manchester Community Leader Will Kanteres: Bennet Is the Most Electable
- Laconia Daily Sun Letter to the Editor by Stephen Bobotas: Bennet Has Realistic and Doable Plans
- Concord Monitor Letter to the Editor by Caroline Moulton Ratzki: Bennet Stands Out with Vision and Pragmatism
Other top clips include:
- WMUR: Backing Bennet, ‘Ragin Cajun’ Carville Says DNC Can’t Control ‘Quirky’ NH Voters
- Colorado Public Radio: Bennet Campaigns In NH With A Man Who Knows How To Pull Off A New Hampshire Surprise
- Keene Sentinel: Bennet Pitches Pragmatism at Dublin Town Hall
- Union Leader: Campaigning with Bennet, Ragin’ Cajun James Carville Says the Primary has Gotten Off-Track
- Monadnock Ledger-Transcript: Bennet Touts His Purple State Appeal to Voters in Dublin
- WMUR: Longtime Strategist James Carville to Campaign for Bennet Ahead of Primary
- Watch Michael speak at the McIntyre-Shaheen 100 Club Event
- Watch Michael on MSNBC live from the Granite State Barber Shop
- Watch Michael on CNN with Chris Cuomo
- Watch Michael on MSNBC with Chuck Todd
- Watch Michael on CNN Newsroom with Ana Cabrera
- Watch Michael on MSNBC’s PoliticsNation with Rev. Al Sharpton
Want to learn more? Visit our Resources page for an archive of past email updates, the latest press clips, and more!